Miniature Saddle Stitching
Miniature saddle stitching is simply a saddle stitched booklet which is probably smaller than any booklet you have ever seen! We do miniature saddle stitching . . . as small as 2” from the face to the spine and 1 3/4” from top to bottom! We bind the booklets more than one up; sometimes 2 up or maybe even 4 or 5 up, depending on the size. That’s one of the reasons we have incredible speed producing miniature saddle stitched book.
The booklets are produced in one machine operation which entails:
- Inserting sections
- Applying cover if there is one
- Single book blade trimming booklets on all three sides.
These miniature booklets often require us to add further operations such as:
- Miniature clip sealing
- Final soft folding parallel to the spine
- Tipping the booklets to printing carriers
- Cellophane wrapping or shrink wrapping
Most miniature saddle stitched booklets are for the pharmaceutical or cosmetic industries. Needless to say, both of these industries are growing so we are seeing a bigger demand for miniature saddle stitched booklets! Now you know who to call when you have a need for extra small, miniature saddle stitching! Give Carol in Estimating a call at (416) 701-0111 ext. 311.
- Very small and very light weight
- Can hold a lot of information in a small piece
- Fits into very, very small pharmaceutical and cosmetic boxes
- Often more functional than a folded brochure
- Perceived as more value added and upscale than a folded piece