Our brand new automatic high speed casing-in machine has increased our production process by 400%! Our other casing-in machines do oddball book sizes, but this machine does casing-in at very high speeds. This reduces our cost, making our prices competitive for larger runs of hardcover books.
Making hardcover books requires a process called “casing in.” Our automatic casing-in machine attaches finished text blocks to a hard book cover. This machine does all 5 steps of casing in:
- Applying a head and tail band to the spine
- Applying a full strip of cloth (called “mull”) along the spine
- Nipping (compression of the the book spine)
- Smashing (compression of the book prior to adding the cover
- Full surface gluing and mounting the case to the bound book block
Do you want a good price on casebound books produced in North America? Please give us a call!