Tipping is the automated process of attaching (or gluing) something such as a card, pouch, folder, etc. to a larger printed piece called a carrier. Eight different trade binderies in Toronto do Tipping, so for regular Tipping jobs, the prices are highly competitive. We only do difficult or unusual Tipping jobs!
We have the machinery and expertise to tackle a range of Tag Stringing jobs like:
- Tipping 2 or 3 pieces onto one side of a carrier
- Tipping a piece onto both sides of the carrier
- Tip-ons (as pictured) that are filled with liquid or granular material
- We can Tip-on a piece onto the pages of a saddle stitched book. For example, on a 12-page saddle stitched book, we can tip a piece onto each of eight out of the 12 pages!
- We can Tip-on products that have jagged or irregular edges
- Tip-on to a specialty folded carrier like accordion folders, gate-folds, etc.
- Tip-ons that are thicker than 40pt
- We can Tip-on to a carrier sheet as large as 40” x 72” and fold and glue the sheet (carrier)!
For tipping that is unusual please call us at (416) 701-0111 ext. 311 or email at email@example.com. We can help!
- Tip-on is removable from carrier
- Piece is flexible
- Effectively gets product samples into customer hands
Factor to consider
- Consider how the pieces are to be distributed (e.g. mail, bulk, retail, by hand, etc.). Distribution method can affect the strength of glue required.
Companies that produce consumer products are going to ever-increasing lengths to get samples into the hands of consumers. This is good news to the graphic arts industry because most of the product samples are tipped onto or inserted into a printed piece.
To facilitate this tip-on market, we use high speed, high quality machinery to tip-on a variety of products, from gift cards and shampoo packs to envelopes and coupons.
- Our machinery glues on and registers many pieces within 1/8″ accuracy
- The glues we use greatly reduces paper tear when the product is removed
- We can fold carriers once or twice in-line after tipping
- We can in-line glue carriers closed or add a clip/wafer seal
- We can in-line inkjet address carriers and bulk box or post office bag